Ikariam Dark Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting guide...

4 posters

Go down

Fighting guide... Empty Fighting guide...

Post  Lady Indra Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:32 pm

I guess someone from the alliance having more experience in fighting should explain how that works... How to attack, how many units, how many waves, how to combine a naval and earth attack... I did all sorts of combinations, but ... not much of a result... Mad
Lady Indra
Lady Indra

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Fighting guide... Empty perfect excecution

Post  darker0s Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:31 pm

SPYING!
Before any good general goes to battle, they always have good information about the enemy. Information is the best key in Wars and simple pillages, knowing how many land and sea units the enemy has, how many resources you can pillage from that enemy, when is he active and who is he communicating with. This is the job of our spies which is very vital for a perfect operation.
Attacking (land & sea)
After getting the information that you need, you would now have a plan of attack. The number of units you have as an attacker would be critical especially if the person you are attacking has guards or is online (so attack a person if he is normally offline, you would be able to get more resources and he can not anticipate your attacks). Basic rule don’t leave your base unattended because counter attacks can occur anytime. Sea units are only useful if you are attacking another island. If you attack enemies from another island remember his/her ships might sink your ground units/trade boats before it ever reaches the land. Never forget to block the harbor so that consistent attacks would be executed perfectly. Remember unkeeping your units would cost 2 times the normal keep so attack carefully and wisely.

Remember planning and execution of an attack is the key to Victory. These are the basic keys in attacking. I hope I shared some knowledge in attacking.

darker0s (Francis)
darker0s
darker0s
Advanced Member

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Fighting guide... Empty Re: Fighting guide...

Post  jazzyaegis Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:40 am

how about there are two or three attacking ur town? can be it happened? As of now, im focusing on my economy but i build also some def units( balista and phalanx). I noticed that in my coordinates 51/75, evryone are busy building and upgrading its individual towns and colonies.

jazzyaegis

Male Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Fighting guide... Empty Its possible

Post  darker0s Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:17 am

Defense
Land
It is possible that 2-3 or even 10 towns are going to attack you at the same time. Remember defense is the key to a great offense. To have a reliable defense once must consider his odd of being attack. If most people hate you at least have 20 phalanx or 10 phalanx and 10 archers. They might be a little expensive but they are reliable in every siege that may come to your town. What ever you do, don’t start a war that would because you lose more resources than gaining some.
Sea
Ballistae are great as defenses for your Sea units; I would also suggest that you also make some flamethrowers so that your attack and defenses would be balanced most of the time.
darker0s
darker0s
Advanced Member

Male Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  princeleed Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:00 am

you are right Smile
flamethrowers and ballistae we need both to balance our attack and def
in the land we need phanlax and archer

princeleed

Male Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down